Saturday, December 12, 2009

not yet in wonderland

Well, I am sitting in the corner of my couch with my laptop balanced on one leg, tea cup near by. By all accounts it is like almost every other day of my life, except that today I am transitioning from a life of 14 years in Portland to an unknown path along the spine of the earth. Six months of wandering and pondering in South America. Six months to unfold in to the next iteration of Aly... hopefully always exploring the furthest edge of who "optimal Aly" is and can be.

I land in Medellin, Colombia tomorrow. There are lovely people picking me up. The softest entry imaginable in one of the harder countries. I am looking forward to new foods of course, adjusting my eyes to a different concept of what reality is, filling my soul with connections to beauty in the natural world. On January 1 I start the new year in Quito. Intensive language school for a few weeks and then adventure and exploration!

The pack weighs in at 37 pounds and I have compressed my pillow into a downy block. A girl needs her comforts and a squishy pillow has helped in my recent years of nomadic lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment